Monday, September 10, 2007


Why is it so easy to fall off the wagon, and SO DANG HARD to climb back on?

I tell myself that I am over being mad at myself…and am OKAY with where I am in my running and ACCEPTING of where I am not…..

(but it still ticks me off)

I need to get over myself and focus on what I CAN do instead of what I used to be able to do. *SIGH*


Okay, vent over.


I have gotten so much support around here that I almost feel guilty about whining!!!


I’ll move on to a run report instead.


Since R was gone all of last week, running was out of the question. Can’t exactly leave the kidlets home sleeping at 5 am to go run!

R got home Saturday, so I was out the door Sunday morning…although a little later than I had hoped for. I left about 6:15 and got about 4.5 miles in….still on the run/walk routine.

Picking routes now is tough…I try to make sure I am running north/south when the sun decides to barrel over the horizon so that I don’t get blasted in the face.

But it was still HOT. Even that time of the morning, I was dying of sweat! I cannot wait for cooler weather to show up someday.

It’s hard for me to say I enjoy my runs lately….seems all I do is beat myself up mentally, sweat like a pig, and wonder how the heck I am going to last for 13 miles come November.

Micheline, gotta love her, doesn’t seem worried!!! I think she is in denial. Or something has happened to her brain after living with an Ultra Runner for so long. Me, on the other hand – I AM WORRIED!

62 days from today, to be exact.


YIKES.


My goal for this week is going to be a long run of at least 5.5 miles – hopefully 6. I have one of my old routes up to my parents’ house that should work.

On a lighter note…….we are heading in to one of my FAVORITE holiday seasons:



HALLOWEEN!!!!


I am home tomorrow, so am planning on dragging out the decorations and T can help me after preschool!

I am a Halloween freak……I loooooove decorations and every year we hold a big neighborhood party in our driveway…potluck style, fire pit, beverages (both adult and kiddie!) and it is just a ton of fun. I am so looking forward to it again this year!

Which reminds me……I’ll share some stupid Halloween humor!

Anyone know what these are?








C’mon……… you know.






9 comments:

Marathoner in Training said...

I think they are ghost bees, or white jackets, OK i am not so good at these. Are you going Sunday? Bring the Kids.

Emil Von Runner said...

Boo-bees!

Good job on getting up for the early run. I'm sure you'll make the half just fine.

Pat said...

If you run the 10k on Sunday (I Did A Run) that will give you your long run and you'll get to meet Lisa, Chad, Tigger, Phil and me.

Pokey said...

Woo hoo Mister Asskick! Stupid humor, I know...but I laugh anyway. ;)

Pat, I am sooooo not ready to run 6 miles with you all. You would have have time for a 3 martini lunch by the time I would finish.

J~Mom said...

Come and join us on Sunday! I think my son and I are only doing the one mile! Besides, no one cares how fast! Everyone is so supportive!

J~Mom said...

BTW, what part of town do you live in? Pat said he wouldn't mind meeting for a long run sometime so we could try it out and see how it goes.

Marathoner in Training said...

Come out and run the 1 mile with Chand, Jay-say, Lori and I and all of our kids (6 total between both families) Needless to say we will be walking/jogging/running what ever the kids decide they want to do. I hope you are getting out this week and working out, how is it going?

Marathoner in Training said...

Come out and run the 1 mile with Chand, Jay-say, Lori and I and all of our kids (6 total between both families) Needless to say we will be walking/jogging/running what ever the kids decide they want to do. I hope you are getting out this week and working out, how is it going?

Pokey said...

I MIGHT MIGHT be able to get my older son to come with me and do the fun run. He has a late night outing the night before...and I am *supposed* to have plans on Sunday mornings......but I'll see what I can do. I really want to meet you all!