That group has been so inspirational – I hate to leave them – but I just think this is a better format. I’m sure the mods there are thankful I won’t continue to take up journaling space too! I feel like I have made in difference in people’s lives by being there – and maybe by my own ramblings, inspired others to purse an active lifestyle – no matter how difficult it may be. Anyone who can make it through the 40 pages of my running rollercoaster deserves SOMETHING out of it! ;)
There are also more runners out here in blog land—and also many wannabe runners like me – that I think this is the better place. I will post a link in my journal so that my stalkers can still find me if they need a good chuckle.
For others, I've added THE STORY OF ME link right over there ->
Now 65 days until Big Sur. For those who don’t know me yet, this is the race I have supposedly been training for.
I have two partners in crime – Micheline (in Nevada) and Lisa (in California) that will be joining me in this race. Hopefully one of them will have enough energy to drag my ass across the finish line in a somewhat respectable manner.
If you’re not enough of a glutton for punishment to read about my past life, here are the highlights of me:
1. Almost 2 years ago now, I decided I wanted to be a runner – after never really running a long distance step in my life; I became a Penguin, and started waddling
2. I suck at running. I really do. It is a lot of work and it is hard for me. I am not a natural runner.
3. I am SLOW. Turtle-like.
4. I don’t even like the act of running so much – what I like is the way I feel AFTER I run that keeps me doing it.
5. I completed my first 5k in April of 2006 and a 12K in September of 2006. The pic is from the Bridge to Breakwater 12K in San Pedro, CA. (I am the short stubby one, with the plethora of gear on my arm….next to the 2 tall skinny chickies..):
7. Did I mention, I am freaking SLOW?
8. I am embarrassed at my running abilities and usually run alone for that reason (see Micheline, I can admit it now!)
9. My longest run EVER has been the 12K (just shy of 8 miles)
10. I lost almost 20 pounds running in 2006, and have gained it all back (something due to the fact that when you take a break from running, you have to take a break from eating too…..funny that, huh?)
11. I am struggling to lose weight, improve my running and not having much success at either
Whew, that was like a catharsis of sorts.
I am *supposed* have the following races on my calendar as well:
Race for the Cure 5K – October
New Times 10K – November
Turkey Trot 10K – November
Iron Girl 10 Mile – December
PF Changs Half – January
I have a lot of work to do.
I have back tracked so much since this time last year that it PISSES ME OFF.
Who can I blame?
Me. And my stupid schedule and busy life. And my hubby’s stupid schedule and busy life. And my kids’ stupid schedule and crazy life.
I have not allocated enough time to train for Big Sur as I had hoped. My goal one day is to show up for a race and actually feel PREPARED. Actually feel as if I am well trained and READY.
It isn’t going to happen in November, so I am hoping with some inspiration in Blog Land, and some arse kicking from Micheline, maybe another race on my calendar will indulge me that luxury.