Thursday, September 18, 2008

Running at the Office

Would that not be just the coolest office layout EVER?? Micheline sent me a link to the full article ~ asking me when my company was going to invest in this stuff. AWESOME. I need to start sucking up to my boss big time ;)

Until then, I will sit on my butt, talk on the phone, solve employee problems, juggle our finances and keep us legal each day.......instead of burning calories. *sigh*


On a positive note ~ I made it to Body Pump yesterday!!!!!! [jumping up and down with big happy grin] I took an opportunity to work at home another day this week ~ since my office was mostly empty, and there wasn't anything that I was working on that I couldn't do from home ~ and then took a little side trip to the gym while little T was in preschool ;) Yep, where there's a will, there's a way. I feel like a blob of goo if I don't get a weight lifting class in each week. Yes, Nat ~ I'm serious. I am totally addicted.

I'm paying dearly for it today though, as I think I may have been a little over-ambitious with my weight loads yesterday :) I'm pretty sore ~ all over really, but especially in my chest and shoulders. Oh, and my legs. Oh, and my abs too. See.....weight lifting is FUN FUN!!! ;)

Tonight I'm on schedule for a short run, which may not be pretty given my current state. We'll just have to see how well the ol' legs hold up. Then tomorrow it will be serious rest for a long run on Saturday.

Pat is trying to get a team together for this crazy Mad Mud Run. It reminds me of playing *Oozeball* in college....i.e. mud volleyball. But I'm older and much wiser now....so I dunnnnooooooo. My main concern is who would push my butt up and over that wall?????

13 comments:

E said...

Ok, so I just looked at the pics from that mad mud run. That wall looks REALLY TALL (ok, just taller than me). I would have the same question as you...how am I going to get over that wall? LOL

Erin Leigh said...

I didn't even look yet and just hearing about a wall that you have to get over scares me.

I thought the pain was the fun part of lifting ;) Really good job. How are you stepping up with the weights you are using?

Anonymous said...

HAHA I took one of those classes at my old gym and I was hardly able to move the next day. AMAZING.

That Mud Run sounds like a Muddy Buddy and they look waaaaayyyy fun!

Good luck on your short run tonight, hope your legs are pliable. :-)

Marcy said...

Ooohhh Karen, Lisa will push you up over. Or some very f.i.n.e stud will ;-)

Nat said...

Obviously there is something I'm missing with the weights thing... sigh.

I'd so totally do the Mud Run if it weren't in Arizona... and I wasn't in Ottawa.

Southbaygirl said...

Do the mad mud run!!! I've always wanted to do it here in LA!!! But have never had the chutzpah! Do it!!! ANd then just run around the wall!!!

teacherwoman said...

Ummm... somedays... when I leave work.... I feel as if I had ran all day already.. those kids wear me out! hehehe.

carla said...

mud run sounds FUN (and a lot like what they did on the show WORKOUT, yes? I know. methinks I watch too much tv as well...)

MizFit

Unknown said...

I wish I could run while in the office; instead, I sit on my rear ALL DAY LONG. Sigh.

Aka Alice said...

Oh...I soooooo want one in my office. I've been sitting on my (not getting any smaller) ass all week long...

J~Mom said...

I love how marcy volunteered me for that! LOL!!! I wish I could do that with you guys!

Unknown said...

That would make for some pretty interesting office conversation, that's for sure.

Jeff said...

Body Pump rocks!