Thursday, October 2, 2008

A Hui Hou


If you need me ~ I'll be HERE

.
We are leaving on Saturday ~ me, Hubs, the Boys and the In-Laws ~ for some sun, sand and (hopefully) a little R & R. I am being realistic in knowing ahead of time that I certainly won't have time to post between now and then, thus A Hui Hou. It means "see you later" or "until we meet again" in Hawaiian. I know. I'm so linguistically advanced :)

Running has been in the crappy department this week, as in ~ there has been none. Still crazy busy, not feeling 100%, and just being lousy at working it into the priorities. I've already beat myself up mentally for it, so I'm done. I have a corrective plan of action once we return from Hawaii, and I'll deal with it then.

For now, I'm planning an early morning 5 miler tomorrow morning, a looooooong ass plane ride on Saturday, and then some running on Sunday morning when I wake up at the crack of dawn Hawaii time. And if I can get a short run (3ish miles) done every other day while I'm there, I will call it a success.

Good luck to my buddy Lisa who is tackling the 70 mile Tour de Scottsdale this weekend, and to any other peeps who may be racing!! ALOHA!!!

24 comments:

Wes said...

You should sneak over to Kona and watch the IRONMAN :-) Have a great time!!!

Jeff said...

My sincerest condolences on your having to suffer through a week in Hawaii. That really sucks. I'm sure you'll be able to muddle through. Just remember we'll all be here for you when you get back!

Running Knitter said...

So jealous. Have fun!

Marathoner in Training said...

I have to get out my VooDoo doll of Pokey and start poking needles into it. I am jealous of you, although I am going on a cruise in 10 days:) Check Active.com and see if there is a race you could enter while there.

Viv said...

OHHH Poke what a fabu time! Getcha ya a leg up on the surfer lingo for your sistahs!

Chad in the AZ Desert said...

Have fun in Hawaii! Have a safe trip.

teacherwoman said...

We'll miss you! :)

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

Just rub it in why don't you. Just kidding....have fun!! I love Maui. :-)

Run at sea level and enjoy the abundant oxygen while you're there too. :-)

Flo said...

You couldn't come at a better time!! The weather has been perfect, sunny with a slight breeze, morning and evening showers, gets cool in the evening for sleeping. Also, tourism is really down right now so you may have Maui all to yourself :) Have a great week!!!

Dan Seifring said...

Have a great time Pokey.

Southbay Girl said...

I'm so jealous! Can I go? I'll carry your bags??? I'll run with you? I so need a vacation!!! Have a great time!!

Pat said...

I'm one up on you. We leave for Ohio/Indiana tomorrow.

Beats Hawaii. Doesn't it.

oh, maybe your one up on me. Or a gazillion up on me.

Enjoy your trip.

Were you at football practice tonight? If so, I ran past you a couple of times.

Marlene said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the congrats!

AGH, I'm so JEALOUS! Have a wonderful trip. Don't worry, running will be waiting for you when you return. :)

Marcy said...

HAVE FUN!!!!

Laura N said...

Hawaii? OMG I'm so jealous. Hope you have/had fun!

J~Mom said...

HAVE FUN! And bring me a present would ya?! I kid...or do I?

Thanks for the shout out!

AKA Alice said...

Soooo jealous...I wanna go!

Have a great time!

Mendy said...

You so SUCK! Wes is right - Ironman will be going on next weekend. Have a blast and bring back lots of photos of the fam.

WannaBe5Ker said...

Have a fantastic trip. I hear you on how hard it is to work a run into the nuttiness of life. I totally hear you.

Enjoy your trip! May it rejuvinate you!

RooBabs said...

I hope you're enjoying Hawaii. Enjoy your running there (when I was in Cali, it was amazing how much more breathing power I had being at sea level).

Carly said...

Have fun! I am soooooooooo jealous!

Nitmos said...

Post lots of pictures.

Shosh said...

Hope you had a blast...check my blog you've been tagged! :-)

Laura said...

Hope you're having a wonderful time! I've never been to Hawaii and I'm totally jealous :)