Friday, April 25, 2008

NOXQSZ

Do you like my new motto? Any smarties out there know exactly what it means?

I saw this on Tuesday night at D's sports training place ~ a group of girl soccer players had it on the back of their shirts and it spoke to me. No ~ it screamed at me :)

I think I need to go have a shirt made!

Running has been sub-standard again this week, but I promised myself I wouldn't whine about it. I got one short run done instead of two; and will head out tomorrow morning for a 5-6 miler. Mileage is mileage ~ I'll take what I can get.

I have a little outpatient medical procedure scheduled for next Tuesday, so my hope is to get a couple of decent runs in before then. Afterwards, I'll have a couple days of not being allowed to run, but after that I should be able to ramp back up. I've already regressed quite a bit since earlier in the year, so I have a lot of work ahead of me.


Now a side note: I am loving that a couple of new runners came out of the woodwork to comment on my last post, but I don't know how to reach some of you!! FAWN: do you have a blog? I couldnt locate one ~ but the best advice I have right now is check out the list of fine people to the right (and down a bit)

--------------------------------->>>>

cause they are the best group of running resources that anyone could ask for! Keep visiting and reading, and keep up the running!!!!

Happy Friday!

20 comments:

Nancy said...

Good luck on the procedure.

I don't know the saying but look forward to finding out. If it spoke to you, I'm sure it will speak to me too.

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

No Excuses.

E said...

Love the new motto!!! I might have to have a shirt made up too!

Marcy said...

ROFLMAO It took me a minute to get it. Yes I AM THAT slow :P

J~Mom said...

Oh yeah, I totally get what that means.












No really I don't. LOL Must drink more coffee!

Chief Wahoo said...

You know that could be our team name or logo for the Odyssey Relay next year...just a thought...

Flo said...

There is a triathlete here in Hawaii that has that on a license plate. I love it!!!

Unknown said...

That works!

Good luck with the procedure.

Anonymous said...

Totally love that! Be a good name for our team no?

Fawn said...

I do!
www.fawnacious.blogspot.com
I've been trolling other runners' blogs, and really, it's a huge inspiration! :)

Cheryl said...

Ha! I am slower than slow! I kept looking at it and thought I finally had it figured out as "No X-Queen Sizes". Then I read Dan's comment. Oh. hee hee :-) I like it! And definitley need to adopt it into my life, which lately is nothing but "XQSZ"! You go, girl!

Bill Carter said...

Hi Pokey

I agree with you that sometimes mileage is mileage and that is just the way it has got to be.

That motto is awesome and I think that could really get a lot of people going. I believe that some people are just so paralyzed by the fear of failure they have no chance of even getting out there for that first step.

Best of luck with your little outpatient thing and hope the runs bring you happiness and a sense of fulfillment.

Susan said...

I am just thrilled about the relay!

Michelle said...

You definitely need a T-shirt with that on it! :-)

RunningNan said...

I have no idea what it means, but that doesn't mean I won't try to google it! I am finding it hard not to run right now. I've been on a month long runners high!

Wes said...

Dee Dee got it. She's smarter than I am :-)

Jeff said...

I think I saw that on a license plate somewhere.

Hope all goes well on Tuesday.

Carly said...

It took me a few minutes but I got it! I am adopting it as my motto too.

good luck at at doctor. Ihope all is well.

Anonymous said...

i had to read the comments to get it :)

Michelle said...

Hey, again!

I was just looking at your upcoming races and the ones you're pondering, and noticed the Humboldt Redwoods Half Marathon is on the list. You totally need to do that one! I live about 30 minutes from the course (and am doing the Avenue of the Giants on that same course this weekend). I am also planning on doing Humboldt Redwoods. That would be too cool if you did it, too!!!!!!! (and the course is GORGEOUS, BTW)